All Apple users those who are with iOS 10 – 10.2 running iPhone, iPad & iPod now can get stable jailbreak. New extra_recipe jailbreak that originally developed by the xerub, now has been updated with Cydia download support extend for more devices & firmware versions. Download modified version, extra_recipe – cydia jailbreak with better stability on iOS 10 -10.2
Developer xerub, extra_recipe to originally developed for resolve the stability issues on iPhone 7 & 7+ devices on iOS 10.1.1 mach-portal + yalu jailbreak. After that he has updated extra_recipe to support Cydia download for all 64-bit devices (exclude iPhone 7/7+). So, now it can be use as a stable alternative for yalu102 – iOS 10.2 jailbreak.
extra_recipe- cydia jailbreak currently compatible with all most all yalu 102 support devices & firmware versions. Here’s the list of compatible devices & iOS versions.
|iPhone 7 / 7 Plus||iOS 10.0.1 - 10.1.1|
|iPhone 6S / 6S Plus||iOS 10.2|
|iPhone SE||iOS 10.2|
|iPhone 6 / 6 Plus||iOS 10.1.1 & 10.2|
|iPhone 5S||iOS 10.0.2, 10.1.1 & 10.2|
|iPad Pro 12.9||iOS 10.2|
|iPad Pro 9.7||iOS 10.2|
|iPad Air 2||iOS 10.2|
|iPad Air||iOS 10.2|
|iPad Mini 4||iOS 10.2|
|iPad Mini 3||iOS 10.2|
|iPad Mini 2||iOS 10.0.2 & 10.2|
|iPod Touch 6th Gen.||iOS 10.2|
Here’s all what you know about extra_recipe- cydia jailbreak
- This is the modified version of mach_portal jailbreak & original extra-recipe jailbreak
- This jailbreak does not compatible for the 32-bit device such as iPhone 5, iPad 4G or iPod Touch 5G yet.
- extra_recipe- cydia not support iPhone 7 & 7 Plus devices on iOS 10.2
- The jailbreak is semi-tethered type
- It install Cydia and enables substrate automatically
- More stable on iOS 10 – 10.2 than yalu 102 jailbreak
- extra_recipe- cydia currently not works on iOS 10.2.1, 10.3, 10.3.1 or 10.3.2 versions
I’m using mach_portal / yalu102, Should I switch to extra_recipe- cydia jailbreak ?
- iPhone 7 / 7+ users – You also can use this, but recommend to download original extra_recipe+yaluX compiled by the Luca Todesco specially for the iPhone 7 & 7+ users.
- iPhone 6 / 6+ users – Reportedly iPhone 6 & 6 Plus devices get better stability with extra_recipe- cydia jailbreak on iOS 10.1.1 & 10.2. Therefore recommend to switch your device to new jailbreak
- Other users – If you are OK with your current jailbreak, just stay on. Other-vice, you are getting stability issues, just use extra_recipe- cydia instead of current jailbreak
If you are new user to Cydia jailbreak? just check it your iOS version in above compatibility list & follow bellow steps to Cydia download for your device using extra_recipe-cydia
How to jailbreak iOS 10 – 10.2 with extra_recipe-cydia ?
- Compatible device with compatible iOS version
- A computer running Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system
- USB cable
- extra_recipe-cydia IPA file – Download
- Cydia Impactor – Download
Note : Make sure your device to connect Internet before start jailbreak process.
(If you are already not jailbroke your device, just skip first two steps)
If you are already jailbroken with match_portal or yalu102 – Reboot your device to put it to un-jailbroken mode.
Press and hold on the mach_portal or yalu102 icon on your Home screen & tap on cross sign to delete app
Download Cydia Impactor tool and the IPA file of extra_recipe-cydia to your computer using the link above.
Connect your iPhone, iPad to your computer and launch Cydia Impactor
Drag and drop the extra_recipe- cydia IPA file onto Cydia Impactor.
Cydia Impactor will prompt you to enter your Apple ID & password. Just enter valid Apple ID & password
Once the complete series of process, unlock your device, you will see the extra_recipe icon appear on your home screen. Tap on it to launch extra-recipe- cydia jailbreak
That’s it! Now you can enjoy stable jailbreak with your iPhone or iPad on iOS 10 – 10.2. Open Cydia app & find apps & tweaks to freely customize your device.
You may also check-out:
- Keen jailbreak for iOS 10.3.2 & iOS 11 demoed!
- 7 iOS 11 features copied from the Cydia apps
- How to get iOS 11 features iOS 10 right now?