Apple has released iOS 8.4.1 version update for the public with included fixes & improvements to Apple Music. The bad news for Cydia lovers, iOS 8.4.1 also has killed TaiG & PP jailbreak for iOS 8.4 – 8.1.3
With iOS 8.4.1releas, Apple has fixed several vulnerabilities included in the previous version iOS 8.4. They have listed, the following security content has been patched which are used by the TaiG jailbreak for iOS 8.4 – 8.1.3
- AppleFileConduit : CVE-2015-5746 : evad3rs, TaiG Jailbreak Team
- Air Traffic : CVE-2015-5766 : TaiG Jailbreak Team
- Backup : CVE-2015-5752 : TaiG Jailbreak Team
- Code Signing : CVE-2015-3806 : TaiG Jailbreak Team, CVE-2015-3803 : TaiG Jailbreak Team, CVE-2015-3802 : TaiG Jailbreak Team, CVE-2015-3805 : TaiG Jailbreak Team
- IOHIDFamily : CVE-2015-5774 : TaiG Jailbreak Team
So, now it is confirmed. Apple has closed the gates for jailbreak. iOS 8.4.1 jailbreak is not achieved by the existing tools. At this moment TaiG tool cannot be used to jailbreak & install Cydia for iOS 8.4.1 as well as PP tool also.
- iOS 8.4.1 cannot be jailbroken using TaiG or PP tool. So, Cydia lovers should stay away from the iOS 8.4.1 update. TaiG will update their tool to jailbreak iOS 8.4.1
- TaiG & PP jailbreak tools still can use for the install Cydia to iOS 8.4 – 8.1.3 devices. So, if you are with iOS 8.4 – 8.1.3, it is best to now jailbreak your device & install Cydia without updating to iOS 8.4.1. Follow bellow guide to do that.
- If you already have accidentally updated to iOS 8.4.1? Downgrade now to iOS 8.4 jailbreakable version. Apple is still signing iOS 8.4. Then you can again get jailbreak ability to your device for Cydia. Hurry-up, they will stop signing iOS 8.4 recently anytime cause downgrade iOS 8.4.1 impossible.