Apple seeded 4th pre-release of their next mobile firmware version, iOS 8.3. The iOS 8.3 beta 4 now available to download for registered developers as well as the public users too. It can be downloaded from the “iOS developer Center” or as OTA.The first beta of iOS 8.3 was arrived in February 9 2015, just after a week iOS 8.2 beta 5 released. After the one & half months, Apple has seeded four beta testers for the registered developers with this release. With iOS 8.3 beta 3 release, Apple introduced new method to get beta programs. They allow public users to download beta versions of software from “Apple Beta Software Program“. So, you no need to be a registered developer so far for receive further beta updates.
iOS 8.3 update log
- February 9, 2015 – First beta of iOS 8.3 seeded
- February 23, 2015 – iOS 8.3 beta 2 released for developers
- March 12, 2015 – iOS 8.3 beta 3 released for the developers as well as the public testers.
- March 24, 2015 – 4th beta of iOS 8.3 released (for developer + public)
How to receive iOS 8.3 beta updates for your device (you aren’t registered developer) ?
- Before proceed, fully backup your device using iTunes or iCloud
- Go to Apple Beta Software Program and click “Sign up” button to be a member
- Sign in with your AppleID to join the Apple Beta Software Program.
- Click on “Enroll your iOS device to receive beta updates“
- Click on “Download Profile” button in section 2 to download the configuration profile for your device.
- Follow on screen instructions to install
- Now you are ready to install iOS 8.3 beta for your device. Tap on “Settings” -> “General” -> “Software Update” & install iOS 8.3 beta
What are the idevices, which are able to install iOS 8.3 ?
Following iPhone, iPod, iPad & iPad Mini devices will be supported to download & install upcoming iOS 8.3 firmware.
- iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPod Touch 5th generation devices
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4G, iPad 3G, iPad 2
- iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini with Retina display, iPad Mini
Important things about beta software install
- Please make sure back up your device with iTunes, before install beta software.
- The public beta software is still in development stage, so, some applications, functions & services may not work as expected.
- Please do not install beta versions of software on business systems.
- Install beta software with own risk
Also invite to read :