As you may also know, a new Electra Toolkit is now available to download & install on iOS 11 devices. These are the instructions on how you can jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 11 – 11.1.2 with Electra jailbreak toolkit.
What is Electra ? It is a newly released jailbreak Toolkit for iOS 11. It supports to jailbreak all 64-bit iOS devices including iPhone X & 8 running iOS 11 to iOS 11.1.2. Electra jailbreak is based on the Ian Beer’s iOS 11.1.2 exploit and dveloped by the famous tweak developer & hacker, Coolstar (@coolstarorg)
Electra jailbreak toolkit is specially designed for developers and themers. It allows users to run tweaks using Comex’s Substitute, as an alternative to Cydia Substrate. So, currently Cydia is not included in Electra jailbreak toolkit and it will available in future updates. If you do not know how to use SSH, please don’t use this tool at this moment and wait for a later release.
Electra jailbreak toolkit compatibility
It works on all 64-bit devices running iOS 11 to iOS 11.1.2 including iPhone X & iPhone 8 devices as well
- iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6S/6S Plus, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5S
- iPad 5(2017), iPad Pro 12.9 (1st & 2nd generation), iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air
- iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 2
- iPod Touch 6
- iOS 11.1.2
- iOS 11.1.1
- iOS 11.1
- iOS 11.0.3
- iOS 11.0.2
- iOS 11.0.1
- iOS 11.0
Download Electra toolkit
Update: Latest version, beta 11-3 is now available.
What’s new in Beta 11 ?
- Fix a race condition on jailbreakd’s launch to improve success rate of jailbreak
- Significantly improve the reliability of jailbreakd so it can handle a large amount of process launches at once (coolstar)
- Make jailbreakd print directly to stderr rather than NSLog (coolstar)
- Fix a race condition in beta 11 that would cause jailbreakd to sometimes inject too early, and thus fail to inject (coolstar)
- Add libjailbreak so command line tools, apps, etc. can talk to jailbreakd if needed (n_triangle_dev)
- Use XPC instead of UDP from libjailbreak and xpcproxy (n_triangle_dev)
- Use TCP instead of UDP from launchd (coolstar)
How to install Electra jailbreak for iPhone, iPad or iPod (iOS 11 – 11.1.2)?
Warning : At the time, this jailbreak not includes Cydia and recommend only for the developers and testers. If you do not know how to use SSH, please wait for a later release.
Step 1: Backup your device with iTunes or iCloud to protect your data if something went wrong.
Step 2: Download the latest version of Electra jailbreak IPA file from above official link on to your computer.
Step 3: Download Cydia Impactor tool latest version on to your computer.
Step 4: Connect your iPhone / iPad / iPod to computer using a USB cable.
Step 5: Open Cydia Impactor, drag and drop the downloaded IPA file onto Cydia Impactor
Step 6: Enter a valid Apple ID and password when it prompt.
Step 7: Wait for the jailbreak app to be installed on your iOS device. Once it complete, Electra app icon will appear on your Home screen.
Step 8: Go to “Settings” >> “General” >> “Profiles & Device Management” and trust the certificate associates with your Apple ID.
Step 9: Open the Electra app and tap on “Jailbreak” to start the jailbreak process. Make sure to enable “Tweaks” toggle to ensure tweaks run properly on your iOS device.
Step 9: Now it will begin the jailbreak process. Please wait patiently, it will take some time to proceed. Once it finished, your device will respring. That’s it, you have successfully complete the iOS 11 – 11.1.2 jailbreak process with your device. Just tap again on Electra app on your device, then you will notice “Already Jailbroken” massage.
Note : Cydia is not installed with this jailbreak process. But, Electra jailbreak support users to install & run tweaks using Comex’s Substitute. If you do not know how to use SSH, please wait for a later release which will include Cydia as well.
- How to install Cydia for iOS 11 – 11.1.2 using Topanga jailbreak [Tutorial]
- Download LiberiOS for jailbreak iOS 11 – 11.1.2