Cydia 1.1.23 released with support package downgrades..
There are so many new arrivals available in these days from Saurik & Team TaiG. This is the another BIG update of Cydia. The new version, Cydia installer 1.1.23 has now released with new important features as well as the bug fixes.
The previous major update, Cydia 1.1.19 (which was introduced the ability of modify Cydia it self) launched few days ago by the Saurik. Following two minor updates (Cydia 1.1.21 & 1.1.22), Cydia 1.1.23 has came as another huge update for iOS users who have jailbroken their iPhone, iPad or iPod.
What are the changes ?
Cydia 1.1.23 brings you to two new features plus bug fixes for previous versions.
1. Support Package downgrades
- This is the most important feature which comes with new update. Cydia 1.1.23 allows users to downgrade installed Cydia packages. So, you can now downgrade packages which installed with Cydia to any previous version if that is available on the repository. This mean, if an updated tweak or app causes issues, now on you can simply downgrade it to the older version for fix issue.
2. Find Extensions for Applications
- When you open the Cydia, you can find a new option “Find Extensions for Applications” with new update. There is a categorized list of extensions (Cydia tweaks) available in Cydia to customize/modify or add features to your default installed (in-build) apps & App Store apps installed on your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
What are the bug fixes with Cydia 1.1.23 ?
Some user reported a situation where they ran out of disk space, iOS cleared their caches, and then Cydia wouldn’t run. This issue has now fixed.
Jailbroken users : How to update Cydia to version 1.1.23 ?
When initial load, Cydia will prompt you to “Essential Upgrade” message. Select “Complete Upgrade” option to upgrade your device to the latest version of Cydia. If not, you can manually update Cydia as bellow..
- Launch Cydia and wait for load everything
- Tap on “Changes” tab
- Tap on “Refresh” button on the top left corner
- Wait for the packages to load
- Search package for “Cydia Installer 1.1.23” & upgrade.
How to install Cydia 1.1.23? : For non-jailbroken users
TaiG has released their latest tool update integrated with Cydia installer 1.1.23. All iPhone, iPad or iPod devices running iOS 8.4-8.1.3 are able to install latest Cydia with newest TaiG jailbreak 2.4.3 version update. For step-by-step guide, for how to install Cydia 1.1.23 follow our tutorial.