What’s new in iOS 9 – Review
Today’s BIG day. Apple officially launched their next Major iOS release for the public. The all new iOS 9 now available to install on compatible iPhone, iPad & iPod devices today onward.According to the Apple, iOS 9 is the most advanced & featured mobile operating system they have released ever. It will give you an amazing mobile experience for you with your iOS device. iOS 9 has added no of new features, improvements as well as the enhanced performance.
Here’s what Apple says about iOS 9;
“iOS 9 is full of enhancements you’ll appreciate every day. Your apps become more essential. New multitasking features on iPad make you even more productive. Siri can do more than ever, and new proactive suggestions help you get things done before you ask. And improvements at the foundation of the operating system enhance performance, battery life, and security. The more you do with iOS 9, the more you’ll wonder how you ever did without it.”
iOS 9 developing history
- June 8, 2015 : iOS 9 was announced at the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference & beta 1 released to registered developers
- June 23, 2015 : Apple seeded iOS 9 beta 2 to developers
- July 8, 2015 : Apple seeded iOS 9 beta 3 to developers
- July 9, 2015 : 1st, iOS 9 public beta released. Public beta 1 = beta 3 for developers
- July 21, 2015 : Apple seeded iOS 9 beta 4 to developers
- July 22, 2015 : iOS 9 public beta 2 released. Public beta 2 = beta 4 to developers
- August 6, 2015 : iOS 9 beta 5 to developers was released with equivalent public beta 3
- September 9, 2015 : Apple seeded iOS 9 Golden Master version
- September 16, 2015 : iOS 9 final released for the public
iOS 9 compatibility
New iOS 9 can be installed on following iOS devices.
- iPhones : iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S
- iPads : iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4th generation, iPad 3rd generation and iPad 2
- iPad Minis : iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini
- iPods : iPod Touch 6, iPod Touch 5
In addition to above devices, new iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Pro & iPad Mini 4 devices come with iOS 9 pre-installed.
What’s new in iOS 9?
According to Apple, iOS 9 will be the more intelligent OS. It gives user to better experience with every touch. Some highlighted new features are;
- Redesigned Smarter Siri with Intelligent search -The personal assistant, Siri is now powered intelligent serach with more features. Siri can do more than ever with iOS 9. It can search a wider range of topics for a wider range of answers. Also understands what you say more accurately & faster. iOS 9 is now proactive. So, your search screen more smarter & consists of helpful suggestions like contacts, apps, places nearby, and more.. even before you ask.
- Introduce “News” app – iOS 9 adds a brand new app, “News” to your Home screen. The app collects all the stories you want to read, from top news sources, based on topics you’re most interested in & displaying content as mobile optimized for great reading experience.
- Featured “Notes” app – Notes app has been powered with more tools & allow users to do much more things with their notes. So, with iOS 9 Note app you can..
- Add bullets with a tap to create checklists. Make a grocery list, a wish list, or a to-do list — and check off items as you go
- Use the tip of your finger to sketch your thoughts
- take a photo from within the Notes app. Or tap to access your photo library and add an existing photo or video to a note
- Apple “Maps” – Now you can use “Maps” for public transportation as your guide. The new transit view and transit directions that provide schedules and maps for directions for many cities around the world with cities in China.
- Multitasking features on iPad – With iOS 9, you can run two app at once on iPad display as a split view. And, picture in picture gives you to new way for multitask on iPad. The new QuickType features make formatting and text selection even easier and put shortcuts right at your fingertips.
- Improved security – iOS 9 advances security by strengthening with Six-digit passcodes & two-factor authentication.
- Android Migration – Download the “Move to iOS” app & wirelessly switch from your Android device to your iOS device. Securely transfers your contacts, message, photos, videos and any more from Android to iOS.
- Apple Pay – Use Apple Pay to securely and easily make purchases with your credit cards, now including Discover. You can even access Wallet by double-clicking the Home button when your iPhone is locked. You will be able to use more cards with Apple Pay like Kohl’s Charge or JCPenney Credit Card
- The new iCloud Drive app – iOS 9 allows you to access any file you save to iCloud from just one place using iCloud Drive app on your home screen.
Even longer battery life – Across the entire operating system, apps and key technologies have been made more efficient to trim battery usage wherever possible. So, you have an one hour of additional time before next charging.
Faster and more responsive – The apps in iOS 9 more efficient use of the CPU and GPU. So, it provides faster scrolling, smoother animation, and better overall performance.
Cydia for iOS 9
According to the release note, iOS 9 will be played an amazing role on your iPhone, iPod or iPad. If you can get Cydia on iOS 9 device, then you can freely manage & customize your device as you want. That’s why users are searching for jailbreak to download Cydia for their devices after updating to iOS 9.
So, there’s a good beginning ; iOS 9 GM has jailbroken.
This is the current Cydia jailbreak status you should know..