Cydia Eraser Gets Update For iOS 10 Jailbreak – How To Download & Use ?
Here’s the very important news for jailbreakers. Finally, Saurik has updated his magical tool, Cydia Eraser to support iOS 10. With this release, iOS 10 jailbreak users can completely remove Cydia & unjailbreak the device with fully restore to current stock iOS without updating to highest version.
Are you not familiar with this tool? What is Cydia Eraser ? It is a very important jailbreak utility developed by the Saurik (Cydia developer) for jailbreakers for free. Using the Cydia Eraser, you can completely remove jailbreak from your device & restore to original state but without updating your current firmware. This process entirely remove Cydia, Cydia apps with all data on your device & revert all changes made by the jailbreak process, then return your jailbroken device to unjailbroken stock state. This process keeps your device jailbreak ability so, you can rejailbrek your device at any time.
Before this, Cydia Eraser has already supported for iOS 7.1 to iOS 9.3.3 running iPhone, iPad & iPod (jailbroken) devices. With this update, now it can be used with iOS 10 jailbreak users as well. Also, it is compatible with all iOS 10 jailbreak tools such as match_portal, yalu102 & extra_recipe. When the firmware support is concerned, Cydia Eraser is compatible with iOS 10.0.1, 10.0.2, 10.0.3, 10.1, 10.1.1 (14B100) & 10.2
When you should use Cydia Eraser ?
In below cases, there is no any better solutions unless Cydia Eraser.
- If you get serious issue with Cydia, jailbreak teak on your device and you’ve already tried ordinary troubleshooting steps but not fix, then you have to start over again with a fresh install.
- When your device is running slow, then you want to wipe it clean & restore to the stock state. If you use iTunes, you can do that, however you will lose jailbreak ability of your device. But, using Cydia Eraser you will be safe to rejailbreak.
- When you going to sell your device to someone else, you want to remove all of your data, accounts & setup from the device. Therefore you have to restore your device. But, you don’t want to upgrade iOS & remain jailbreak ability of the device. Because, it increases resale value of your iOS device
Please note :
- Cydia Eraser not supports to upgrade or downgrade your current iOS version.
- This tool will erase all the data on your device
- You should need to re-activate the device after using Cydia Eraser. Therefore, it’ll be required your Apple ID & Password to get access your device, if you had enabled “Find My iPhone” for your device.
- The device should be connected to the internet during running this tool.
- It is better your device has fully charged before the proceed.
Important : Before use Cydia Eraser
- You should complete back-up your device using iTunes
- The device should be connected to the internet
- Charge your device – the device should not be low on battery
While using Cydia Eraser ;
- Please make your device’s internet connection alive
- Avoid do anything while Eraser is running
- The process takes 5 to 20 minutes of time to finish. Please wait & see patiently until reboot your device after completing the process.
Important : Cydia Eraser for iOS 10 still in beta stage. So, sometimes it could not be worked in order. Please use with your own risk. Strictly advice to take a fully backup your device before use this.
How to install & use Cydia Erase ?
- Launch Cydia & select “Sources” tab
- Tap on “Edit” > “Add”
- Enter the URL – http://apt.saurik.com/beta/eraser-10.1/ in the popup window appears & tap “Done“
- Select “Search” tab in Cydia, find & install “Cydia Eraser“
- Launch Cydia Eraser app on your Home Screen & carefully read all the instructions are given
- Tap on “erase all data, unjailbreak device“
- Tap on “Erase All” to confirm
- It will take 5 to 20 minutes to proceed. During the process, your device will reboot several times. Once completed, welcome screen will appear. Now you have a fresh device with same iOS version running before restore. Activate the device using your Apple ID & Passward. Congratulations..! Now you are able to re-jailbreak & install Cydia for your device any time.