Cydia Eraser – Remove jailbreak & restore stock iOS with jailbreak ability [iOS 7.1 – 9.3.3]
Saurik has updated his new tool, Cydia Eraser to full support Pangu iOS 9.3.3 jailbreak. With new release, all users they have jailbroken on iOS 7.1 through iOS 9.3.3 can remove Cydia, jailbreak & restore the device without loosing jailbreak ability.
What is Cydia Eraser ?
Cydia developer Saurik has developed this tool for jailbroken users. Cydia Eraser allows you to remove jailbreak and restore your device to current iOS version without updating to latest version of iOS. This process remove Cydia, Cydia apps & all data on your device & revert all changes made by the jailbreak process and return your jailbroken device to same stock Apple iOS firmware.
Year ago, Saurik initially introduced this feature with a tool called Cydia Impactor for iOS 8.3 & 8.4 jailbreak users. Few days ago after the Pangu released jailbreak for iOS 9.2 – 9.3.3, Saurik created a new tool call Cydia Eraser & bundled this restore feature to it with partially support for iOS 9. (new Cydia Impactor tool remain for the use to install IPA files on iOS and APK files on Android). Now, Saurik has updated Cydia Eraser for fully support with iOS 9.3.3 jailbreak.
Benefits of using Cydia Eraser
If you want remove & unjailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod due to some reason, restore the device using iTunes was only solution. But, this method update your device’s iOS version to available latest. If the updated iOS version is the only signing by the Apple and not supports to jailbreak, then you loss jailbreak ability of your device. But, now you can use Cydia Eraser for this purpose. This simply remove Cydia & jailbreak from your device and restore to same stock firmware without updating iOS version. Then, you are on fresh device with no jailbreak but it still remain jailbreak ability. So, you can re-jailbreak your device now or later you want. In addition, Cydia Eraser includes following benefits..
- Completely remove Cydia and its’ components (user data, apps, tweaks, sources..)
- Unjailbreak iOS device & put it to the original Stock state.
- Can Restore the device without loosing jailbreak ability.
- No need to use computer.
- Simple procedure
When you should use Cydia Eraser ?
In below cases, there is no any better solutions unless Cydia Eraser.
- If you get serious issue with Cydia, jailbreak teak on your device and you’ve already tried ordinary troubleshooting steps but not fix, then you have to start over again with a fresh install.
- When you going to sell your device to someone else, you want to remove all of your data, accounts & setup from the device. Therefore you have to restore your device. But, you don’t want to upgrade iOS & remain jailbreak ability of the device. Because, it increases resale value of your iOS device
Please note :
- Cydia Eraser supports to remove jailbreak on iOS 7.1 through iOS 9.3.3 iPhone, iPad & iPod device
- This tool will erase all the data on your device
- You should need to re-activate the device after using Cydia Eraser. Therefore, it’ll be required your Apple ID & Password to get access your device, if you had enabled “Find My iPhone” for your device.
- The device should be connected to the internet during running this tool.
- It is better your device has fully charged before the proceed.
Important : Before use Cydia Eraser
- You should complete back-up your device using iTunes
- The device should be connected to the internet
- Charge your device – the device should not be low on battery
While using Cydia Eraser ;
- Please make your device’s internet connection alive
- Avoid do anything while Eraser is running
- The process takes 5 to 20 minutes of time to finish. Please wait & see patiently until reboot your device after completing the process.
How to Un-jailbreak & remove Cydia using Cydia Eraser ?
- Launch Cydia, search Cydia Eraser & install on your device.
- Launch Cydia Eraser app on your Home Screen
- Tap on “erase all data, unjailbreak device“
- Tap on “Erase All” to confirm
- It will take 5 to 20 minutes to proceed. During the process, your device will reboot several times. Once completed, welcome screen will appear. Now you have a fresh device with same iOS version running before restore. Activate the device using your Apple ID & Passward. Congratulations..! Now you are able to re-jailbreak & install Cydia for your device any time.