iOS 8.3 jailbreak advice for Cydia
Apple has added new member for their iOS family. The new arrival iOS 8.3 – 3rd major update for iOS 8 series is ready to serve your device. So, if you already updated to iOS 8.3 or not, there is a common question for all. iOS 8.3 jailbreak – Ready? How? When? Therefore, we publish this article for all Cydia lovers with regarding iOS 8.3 jailbreak status.
First of all you have to know NO Cydia, as well as jailbreak for firmware version iOS 8.3 at this moment. Cydia is not supported for iOS 8.2 & iOS 8.1.3 also because, they unjailbreakable. The last Cydia available version is iOS 8.2
iOS 8.3 jailbreak advice for users
All Cydia lovers, those who have jailbroken or willing to jailbreak, need to consider about how to deal with new iOS 8.3 update. Other vice, you loss Cydia & your device’s jailbreak status. Therefore, we like to mention some important points for your safety..
- Is your device already jailbroken and install Cydia on it? Strongly recommend Do not try to upgrade your device for new iOS 8.3 version. It will kill Cydia & all feature of it with your favorite Cydia tweaks. Stay away from iOS 8.3. Jailbreak will arrive in the future for iOS 8.3 & then you can upgrade your device as latest.
- If you with jailbreakable iOS versions (iOS 8.2 beta 1, beta 2, iOS 8.1.2 or lower versions) but not yet jailbroken your device, invite to take the chance & install Cydia. You also don’t go to upgrade your device to iOS 8.3.
- iOS 8.1.3 & iOS 8.2 users – There is no any reason to avoid new update. Your iOS version also cannot jailbreak. Therefore, recommend to update the device with latest firmware & enjoy new features of iOS 8.3. Please don’t use OTA update method & restore your device to iOS 8.3 with iTunes. Then you allow getting Cydia easily without any errors with future iOS 8.3 jailbreak tools.
- OK. You are already with iOS 8.3? How did you upgrade your device? Use OTA update? OTA devices not compatible with jailbreak. Therefore you have to restore your device using iTunes if you are willing to jailbreak iOS 8.3 in future.
The best way to firmware update
The right & best way of firmware updating of iOS device is installing fresh full copy of software by replacing an existing firmware. This will put your device as new one. Therefore recommend to use iTunes for restore your device by new firmware. The benefits of using iTunes are;
- It makes jailbreak ready for idevice
- It needs less amount of free space from your device memory to install new firmware than the OTA
- It makes your device faster
How to install iOS 8.3 by restoring with iTunes ?
- Install latest iTunes version for your computer.
- Connect your device to computer via USB cable.
- Backup your device using iTunes or iCloud.
- Download iOS 8.3 firmware IPSW file (according to your device).
- Open iTunes on your computer and choose your device from iTunes window.
- Click “Restore iPhone..” button in the summary pane while holding down the Alt/Option key (on Mac) or Shift key (on Windows)
- Select IPSW file of iOS 8.3 you downloaded above
- Then, iTunes will be installed iOS 8.3 on your device
Now all things are ready to jailbreak iOS 8.3 latest firmware. Time to waiting for a Cydia…
Is this helpful for you? What you think? Comment us…
TaiG has released jailbreak for iOS 8.3 now. For more info. Click here..
More about iOS 8.3 :
Pangu says iOS 8.3 jailbreak ready – Read more…