We noticed, there were so many comments available from our readers about the p0sixspwn jailbreak errors iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4, 6.1.5 & 6.1.6. Most of the users have failed to jailbreak & get Cydia for their devices using p0sixspwn untethered. So, we decided to publish an article as a support for all users those who got trouble with jailbreaking p0sixspwn to get success because; there are no any complete troubleshooting guide in the web for p0sixspwn.The most of the jailbreak errors which comes with p0sixspwn are Windows base. Normally p0sixspwn jailbreak Windows version doesn’t work for everyone at every time. Therefore, you have to find Mac computer to jailbreak your device with p0sixspwn if following all didn’t work for you. However, no of p0sixspwn errors can fix as bellow.
How to prepare for p0sixpwn jailbreak ?
- Install iTunes version 11.1.4 or 11.1.5 or 11.2.2
- Backup your device with iTunes
- Turn Off Passcode & all security locks of your idevice
- make sure to reserve 3-4 GB free space in your device
- Disable your iTunes backup password. Untick the option “Encrypt Local Backup” in itunes
- Disable antivirus program on your computer
Troubleshooting p0sixspwn for Windows users
>> p0sixspwn Run as Administrator
Windows users must need to extract the p0sixspwn jailbreak program directly to C: drive. As well as run the the program as an administrator (Right click on the program & select “Run as administrator”).
>> Error – “p0sixspwn requires iTunes 9 or above !”
This is the most common error that associates with p0sixspwn jailbreak. If you are with latest iTunes versions as 12.1.1, 12.1.2 most probably this error will come. Therefor you have to downgrade iTunes for find solution. Many users have got success using installed iTunes version 11.1.4 to 11.2.2. So, we recommend to downgrading iTunes from latest versions to old version iTunes 11.1.5
How to downgrade iTunes ?
- Go to “Control Panel” –>”Uninstall a program”
- Uninstall Apple Application Support, Apple Mobile Device Support & iTunes as the order
- Delete the folder “iTunes” which is located in C:Users[your username]Music
- Restart the computer
- Download iTunes 11.1.5 & install
>> Error 03 – “Jailbreak failed” at performing magic
You can try one of follows;
- Change the USB port that you have connected your device to the computer
- Reboot both your device & PC, then try again
- p0sixspwn run with compatibility mode Windows XP (for Windows 7 users -right click on the program->select “Properties”->select “Compatibility” tab-> select compatibility mode as Windows XP(service pack 3)->tick “Run this program as an administrator” )
- Switch to another PC & try jailbreak
- Restore the device using iTunes & try again
>> Stuck on “Waiting for device to reboot..”
Hold down the power & home button together until device turn off & again turn the device on (stay connect the device to the computer). Then it will continue the progress from there. If it is not worked, reboot both your device & computer & try again jailbreak process from the beginning.
>> p0sixspwn close/stuck in “performing magic..”
May fix by program runs in Windows XP compatibility mode. Also some users have managed successfully jailbreak by updating iTunes after the “performing magic..” error.
>> Error – Device already jailbroken – but Cydia not shown
Most of the cases, users inform they cannot find Cydia on their home screen. Then they try to jailbreak again for Cydia & program says device is already jailbroken. So, fully restore your device using iTunes & jailbreak again with p0sixspwn. Other-vice, you can jailbreak & tethered boot with redsn0w, then open Cydia search and install p0sixspwn untethered package.
Windows 8 users can use p0sixspwn to jailbreak iOS 6.1.3-6.1.6 ?
Yes you can. If get some issues ? Try to run p0sixspwn program in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
Troubleshooting p0sixspwn for Mac users
Most of the time p0sixspwn well work with Mac platform. But, p0sixspwn may get crash after rebooting the device on Mac. Then, Mac users can try p0sixspwn 1.0.2 for jailbreak.
Actually jailbreak with p0sixspwn may produce issues more than the other untethered tools. But most of them are solvable. So, we hope this help & work for you. Comment us your experience, it will help others as you.
Featured Article :
Related to read: